Here’s an activity based on the British obsession with the weather.
Read through the following words and then answer the questions:
While we were on holiday, my friend tuned in to listen to the weather forecast on a local radio station. Over the airwaves, there was a pause and an audible shuffling of papers, followed by a voice saying, “I’m sorry, I can’t find the forecast, but let me look out of the window–Oh! flomax usa it’s a lovely dry day.”
Mark the best choice.
1. To ‘tune in’ here means:
- To broadcast
- To listen
- To adjust a radio to receive a certain program
2. ‘Airwaves’ means ___.
- radio waves
3. ‘Forecast’ is ___.
- a kind of radio
- statement of future events
- a person reading the news
4. To ‘shuffle’ here means to ___.
- walk heavily towards something
- move around to different positions
- write to somebody